Jen draws on nearly 30 years of experience in tailoring legal solutions to employment-related problems to advise clients on both coasts. Her clients range from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies and business executives. She advises technology, financial services, publishing, professional services, and health care companies who seek regulatory, litigation, and compliance advice. She focuses her practice on wage and hour compliance and class actions, trade secrets and employment mobility disputes, and employment and equity agreements.
Jen’s bi-coastal employment practice focuses on crafting business solutions to legal problems facing corporations and executives. While she is a zealous advocate in the courtroom, she relishes her role as counselor and focuses her practice on solving employee mobility issues, litigating wage and hour class actions, and making employment regulations accessible for her corporate clients.
Jen, who has an AV Preeminent ranking from Martindale-Hubbell, is a faculty member and advisor to The Honor Foundation, a non-profit organization that assists Navy Seals and other armed services special operators transition from military service to the private sector.
Jen, who was named as one of San Diego's Top 50 Influential Leaders in 2018 by the San Diego Daily Transcript, is frequently quoted in the Wall Street Journal and other publications about employment topics and is a frequent contributor to the firm’s award-winning employmentmatters.com blog. You can follow her Corporate Divorce Series she publishes on LinkedIn here.
Her recent publications and speaking engagements include:
- Panelist, Bloomberg/IR Magazine Webinar - "Keep control of the company narrative in social media age". September 25, 2018.
- Author, Employment Matters Blog - "Mintz's Jen Rubin Discusses #MeToo and the Need for an Investigative Process". August 19, 2018.
- Author, Employment Matters Blog - "California Rewrites the Independent Contractor Test - What Your Business Needs to Do Not to Pass It". May 3, 2018.
- University of Connecticut (JD)
- University of Connecticut (BA, History)