Date: March 20, 2020
Time: 12:00PM - 1:00PM (EST)
Location: View the Webinar Recording
Join Mintz’s Employment and Benefits Group as we provide business-focused guidance on some of the pressing issues facing employers now, including:
- Legislative Initiatives and General Overview of Workplace Issues
- Update on federal initiatives, including the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- State and local initiatives
- Unemployment insurance
- Guidance for coronavirus workforce communications
- How furloughs impact benefits and employees’ ability to continue group health insurance
- What, if anything, employers need to do to modify their short- and long-term disability plans
- Impacts on 401k plans and HSAs
- HIPAA – what it does and does not cover
- Layoffs and Furloughs
- Planning for and effectuating an RIF
- Planning for and effectuating a furlough
- Impact of WARN
- Leaves of absence
- Legal Guidelines for Managing a Remote Workplace
- Disability-related inquiries, accommodations, and medical examinations
- Telecommuting and cybersecurity
- Wage and hour issues
- Workers' Compensation
Jennifer B. Rubin is a Mintz Member who advises clients on employment issues like wage and hour compliance. Her clients range from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies and business executives in the technology, financial services, publishing, professional services, and health care industries.
Alden J. Bianchi, Practice Group Leader of Mintz's Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice, has been named Chair of Bloomberg BNA's Compensation Planning Advisory Board.
H. Andrew Matzkin is an employment litigator at Mintz, and he provides counsel on labor and employment issues. Drew represents clients in life sciences, technology, industrial, and professional services before federal and state courts, arbitrators, and administrative agencies.
Emma counsels clients on a wide variety of employment issues and litigates employment disputes before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Her litigation practice includes restrictive covenant agreements; discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation claims; and wage and hour compliance.