Jen draws on 30 years of experience crafting legal solutions to employment challenges. Her clients include small and large businesses and individual representation of executives. She advises technology, financial services, publishing, retail, professional services, and health care companies seeking regulatory, litigation, and compliance advice. She divides her employment practice between wage and hour compliance and trial practice, with a focus on class actions, trade secrets and employment mobility disputes, and the defense of discrimination, retaliation and other disputes arising from the employment relationship. While Jen is a zealous advocate in the courtroom, she relishes counseling clients as they navigate the manner in which the employment relationship impacts their business and personal lives.
Jen, who has an AV Preeminent ranking from Martindale-Hubbell, is a faculty member and advisor to The Honor Foundation, a non-profit organization that assists Navy Seals and other armed services special operators transition from military service to the private sector. She also co-Chairs The Lawyers Club of San Diego’s Workplace Equity & Civility Initiative, an initiative launched as a proactive and productive community response to the #MeToo movement. She was recently named as one of San Diego's Top Influential Women in 2019 and among the Top 50 Influential Leaders in 2018 by the San Diego Daily Transcript and frequently comments and writes about employment topics. You can follow her Corporate Divorce Series and other thought pieces on LinkedIn here.
Her recent publications and speaking engagements include:
- Author, Bloomberg Law, "INSIGHT: Easing Conflicts When Hiring in a Family Business." October 8, 2019.
- Author, Law360 (Expert Analysis), "#MeToo Shows Two Years of Progress Toward Gender Parity,” October 2, 2019.
- Author, The Recorder - "Another Shot Fired in California’s Employee Poaching War—Are There Legal Solutions to the Golden State’s Employee Mobility Dilemma?" March 6, 2019.
- Author, Lawyers Club San Diego - "California Mandates Female Representation on Public Company Boards". November 7, 2018.
- Author, Daily Journal - "Mandating Female Representation on Boards". October 12, 2018.
- Panelist, Bloomberg/IR Magazine Webinar - "Keep control of the company narrative in social media age". September 25, 2018.
- Author, Corporate Secretary - "Managing your CEO's social media habits." August 28, 2018.
- Author, Corporate Counsel - "Our CEO Is an Accused Harasser. Now What?" August 21, 2018.
- Author, Law360 - "Mintz's Jen Rubin Discusses #MeToo and the Need for an Investigative Process". August 19, 2018.
- Author, Law360 - "Expert Analysis - #MeToo Is Missing An Investigative Process." August 15, 2018
- University of Connecticut (JD)
- University of Connecticut (BA, History)