Louis is a corporate attorney who focuses his practice on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business transactions, and recapitalizations. He has more than 15 years of experience advising clients on US and international deals, frequently counseling private equity firms on acquisitions made by their portfolio companies. Louis represents clients in a variety of industries, including financial services, health care, technology, telecommunications, and media.
Prior to joining Mintz, Louis served as of counsel in the Boston office of a global law firm, where he helped clients execute deals valued at up to hundreds of millions of dollars. Earlier, he was a partner at another international law firm.
- Advised a New York-based private equity firm on a portfolio company’s acquisition of an international market intelligence company’s exhibitions and events business.
- Counseled a Massachusetts-based insurance company in the sale of about 85 percent of its Japan-based affiliate, for approximately $955 million, to a Japanese life insurance company.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm on a portfolio company’s acquisition of an events business serving hotel executives in Australia and New Zealand.
- Advised a New York-based private equity firm on a portfolio company’s acquisition and related financing of numerous hotel investment events.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with a portfolio company’s acquisition of conferences from a publishing and sports conference company.
- Counseled a New York-based private equity firm on a portfolio company’s acquisition of a database marketing company that focuses on the hospitality industry.
- Advised a New York-based private equity firm in its acquisition of a B2B travel publishing company from another private equity firm.
- Represented the lead private equity investors in a $600 million joint venture with a media and entertainment industry conglomerate.
- Advised private equity funds on their controlling investment in a Brazilian fiber company.
- Represented private equity funds in the acquisition of an international money transfer business with operations in the United States, Guatemala, Mexico, and Spain.
- Represented private equity funds on the acquisition of assets divested from a major US wireless communications provider.
- Advised private equity funds on negotiations related to its controlling investments in a cable TV operator in Puerto Rico.
- Advised a private equity fund on a $160 million acquisition of a Puerto Rican wireless company through a Section 363 bankruptcy auction.
- Represented a New Jersey-based medical imaging company in a sale to a clinical research services company structured as a cash-out merger.
- Represented a Boston-based private equity firm in the acquisition of a telecommunication company and advised both parties on a dividend recapitalization.
- Represented a Boston-based owner and operator of North American telecommunications tower locations in an approximately $500 million acquisition of about 1,800 sites.
- Represented a Boston-based owner and operator of North American telecommunications sites in an acquisition of another tower operator’s wireless communications sites.
- Advised lead investors on the acquisition of a money transfer business that operates in the United States and the Dominican Republic.
- Negotiated the sale of a Honduran cable TV operator on behalf of the founders.
- Served as fund formation counsel for a $1.1 billion fund and a $550 million fund.
- Counseled venture capital funds on their equity investments in a cable television sports channel.
- Represented the lead private equity investor in a $60 million investment in a Latino-themed digital cable network.
- Advised lead private equity investors in the acquisition and financing of a life settlements company.
- Represented lenders in a senior financing of a radio company and a US magazine publisher.
- Participated in a team that handled a lead investor’s equity and debt financing of a radio and television broadcast company.
News & Press
September 11, 2023
November 17, 2022
Recognition & Awards
Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers list: Rising Star Business/Corporate; Mergers & Acquisitions (2005–2015)
Boston Business Journal: 40 under 40 (2012)
Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys: Latino Leadership Award (2011)
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly: Up & Coming Lawyer (2011)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Associations
- Member, Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Board Member, United South End Settlements