Greg is an accomplished private equity and mergers and acquisitions attorney who is well versed in guiding funds and companies through middle market and mega deals. He has helped clients execute deals worth tens or hundreds of millions — or even billions — of dollars. Fund clients rely on him for help with strategic transactions, including leveraged buyouts and sales and acquisitions of portfolio companies. He counsels clients in a range of sectors, including technology, manufacturing, healthcare, life sciences, and energy and sustainability.
Greg’s practice is focused on middle market mergers and acquisitions and private equity financings. He provides ongoing legal representation to portfolio companies, counseling them regarding strategic business approaches, employment agreements, separation arrangements, and issuances of equity.
Prior to rejoining Mintz in 2012, Greg was an attorney at another Boston-based law firm. There, he represented private equity sponsors and publicly and privately held companies in corporate transactional matters.
- Boston College (JD)
- University of Rhode Island (MS, Environmental Engineering)
- Cornell University (BS, Mechanical Engineering)
- Represented a fund in its $1.1 billion leveraged buyout of a construction manufacturer of bridge, drainage, earth stabilization, and stormwater solutions
- Represented a fund in its $223 million sale of a specialized large-scale bakery to another fund
- Represented a fund in its leveraged buyout of a global supplier of mobile audio/video accessories, installation and fabrication supplies, and OEM integration solutions
- Represented a fund in its leveraged buyout of a manufacturer of custom engineered protective covers, truck roll-up doors, and cable/hose carriers
- Represented a fund in its leveraged buyout of a manufacturer and fabricator of custom hose, conveyor belt, sealing/safety products with operations in the US and Canada
- Represented a fund in its sale of a cement, ready mix concrete, aggregate, asphalt production company to a large strategic acquirer
- Represented a health care-focused fund in its $130 million leveraged buyout of a wound company
- Represented a large fund in its $550 million sale of a large-scale dialysis company to another private equity company
- Represented a health care-focused private equity company in its $330 million leveraged buyout of two clinical medical laboratories
- Represented one of Europe’s leading independent music publishers in its $250 million acquisition of a well-renowned Broadway-based administrator and promoter of entertainment copyrights as well as the rights to the songs and musicals of certain legendary Broadway songwriters
- Represented a private equity company in its $23 million leveraged buyout of a restaurant chain
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the $70 million leveraged buyout of a hair care company
- Represented a portfolio company of a large private equity sponsor in the acquisition of a drug development company, with contingent consideration, based on success of the product, up to $400 million
Recognition & Awards
- Senior editor of Boston College Law Review
- Order of the Coif