Josh advises entrepreneurs, helping them to build their businesses and complete successful fundraising transactions and exit events.
Josh’s practice focuses on representing founders and start-ups, beginning with the formation of a business entity and continuing through a sale of the company or an IPO. He serves as outside corporate counsel to his clients, functioning as their general counsel, working with them throughout the lifecycle of their businesses. He regularly advises clients regarding company formation and early-stage legal issues, financings (including angel, venture capital and strategic investments) and mergers and acquisitions.
The businesses that Josh works with are typically in the life sciences industry — drug development, devices and diagnostics — and in the technology sector, including digital health, software and technology-enabled services.
As part of this practice, Josh also represents investors, including venture capital firms and foundations, in the investments that they make.
In addition, Josh frequently speaks on topics related to entrepreneurship, financing, exit strategies, and best practices for businesses, and publishes tips and insights for start-ups.
Josh actively engages in pro bono work, is involved in the firm’s hiring activities and is a lecturer at the Boston University School of Law, teaching a class on venture capital financings that he created.
- Harvard Law School (JD)
- Tufts University (BA, summa cum laude)
Recognition & Awards
- Conservation Law Foundation, Legal Food Hub: Distinguished Service Award (2019)
- The Legal 500 United States: Recommended for Finance: Capital Markets: Equity Offerings: Advice to Managers (2016)
- Boston Magazine: included on the list of New England Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2008, 2010 – 2016)
- Boston Bar Association, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law: Civil Rights Recognition Award (2010)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Board of Visitors, D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University
- Past president and member, Board of Directors, Tufts Lawyers Association
- Past mentor, BUILD
- Past Member, Leadership Council, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Past Member, Alumni Council, Tufts University
News & Press
June 24, 2020 | | By William Whelan, Joshua D. Fox
News & Press
June 24, 2020
The article noted that “Osborn and Fox are the latest hires in Mintz’s growing corporate practice, which also had two notable hires in March. The Boston-based firm is enjoying record revenue and profit highs after four straight years of growth.”