Jacob has a multifaceted litigation practice that encompasses complex commercial litigation, including cases involving securities, employment, and environmental claims, as well as class action litigation, white collar criminal defense, and regulatory investigations. He has extensive experience handling all phases of litigation before federal and state courts, managing discovery, and conducting settlement negotiations. Jacob has represented clients in a variety of industries, including financial services, energy, education, and the media.
Prior to joining Mintz, he was an associate at a New York-based international law firm, where he assisted with a broad range of litigation, including disputes involving multibillion-dollar claims.
While attending law school, Jacob was a summer intern in the Violent Crimes & Terrorism Section of the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York. In law school, he served as an executive technical editor and an articles editor of the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review and as a technical editor and an article editor of the Harvard International Law Journal.
As an undergraduate at Columbia, Jacob was awarded the Euretta J. Kellett Fellowship, which funded his two years of graduate study at the University of Cambridge in England.
- Harvard Law School (JD, cum laude)
- University of Cambridge (MLitt)
- University of Cambridge (MAP)
- Columbia University (BA, magna cum laude)
- Represented a global financial services company in a victory at the Second Circuit that enables corporations to enter into consent judgments with federal regulators without making admissions of wrongdoing.
- Represented a global financial services corporation in numerous litigations and regulatory matters related to the subprime and credit crisis.
- Represented a hedge fund and its owner in criminal and regulatory proceedings and litigations connected to claims of insider trading.
- Represented a multinational nuclear energy company in commercial disputes with a joint venture partner, including the valuation of energy assets.
- Represented a multinational nuclear energy company in a ratepayer dispute with a public utility.
- Represented a multinational oil and gas corporation in cases involving damage claims related to global climate change.
- Represented a multinational oil and gas corporation in federal and state investigations concerning global climate change disclosures.
- Represented a multinational oil and gas corporation at trial opposing a Northeastern State AG involving claims of environmental damages.
- Represented a Fortune 500 energy company in merger-related disputes.
- Represented a financial services company in disputes concerning the valuation of nuclear power assets in the Southeast.
- Advised an Ivy League university on issues related to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and represented the school in cases involving former students.
- Counseled a luxury retailer on matters related to its dispute with an international distributor.
Recognition & Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa