White Collar Defense & Government Investigations
Vigorously Defending You in the Most Trying of Times
Law enforcement and government regulatory agencies are casting a wider net and aggressively pursuing individuals and companies to detect wrongdoing. Being the target of an investigation can cost more than your reputation. We have a long and successful track record of representing individuals and businesses in some of the most highly publicized white collar criminal cases in the country — including Ruth Madoff in a variety of regulatory and investigative forums and lawsuits.Share Awards
Practice ranked in New York (Band 1) and Massachusetts (Band 2) for Litigation: White Collar Crime & Government Investigations (2022)
6 Attorneys recognized for Litigation: White Collar Crime & Government Investigations (2022)
Legal 500 United States
Practice ranked in Band 4 for Corporate Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense: Advice to Individuals (2020-2022)
Best Law Firms USA
Practice Ranked National Tier 1 and Regional Tier 1 in Boston and New York, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, "Best Law Firms" (2023)
Practice ranked Tier 2 by Benchmark Litigation and 17 attorneys recognized (2023)
Our white collar defense attorneys represent both individuals and businesses in a wide range of state, federal, and administrative criminal matters. Early on, we develop aggressive and creative strategies to resolve crises both inside the courtroom and in the public relations sphere.
By vigorously defending against allegations from the outset, we often succeed in convincing prosecutors not to proceed criminally against clients or to resolve matters short of indictment. However, when no negotiation is possible, we have a reputation for taking tough cases to trial and winning.
- Anti-money laundering (AML)
- Government investigations
- Health care enforcement defense
- Insider trading
- Public corruption and campaign finance enforcement issues
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act
- Cyber crimes
- Securities and accounting fraud
- Health care fraud
- Congressional inquiries
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Corporate compliance and investigations
- False Claims Act / qui tam
Successfully guided individuals, companies, and financial institutions in resolving Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act compliance issues, including:
- Assessing the adequacy of anti-bribery policies and procedures
- Drafting and implementing new anti-bribery policies
- Handling internal and government investigations
- Team includes former supervisor of FCPA Unit at the DOJ
- Internal investigations
- Grand jury
- Hobbs Act
- Market manipulation
- Regulatory enforcement
- Securities violations
- Tax offenses
- Environmental crises
- Consumer protection (93A)
- SPAC Litigation
- Attorneys who have served in government agencies, including the US Department of Justice, the SEC, US Attorneys’ Offices, and Offices of State Attorneys General.
- Decades of experience representing individuals who are subjects, targets, or witnesses in government or internal investigations.
- A record of successfully defending publicly traded companies, and their former and current officers and directors, in enforcement actions and civil and criminal fraud suits.
What Our Clients Are Saying
ClientChambers USA (2018)
Our attorneys have represented individuals and businesses in some of the most highly publicized white collar criminal cases in the country.