Eóin is an accomplished white collar defense lawyer who resourcefully shepherds individual and corporate clients through government investigations and enforcement proceedings. He represents clients in a wide variety of industries in state and federal courts and before an array of investigative and enforcement bodies. Eóin routinely represents Boards of Directors or Board committees conducting internal investigations. He counsels clients on a variety of matters including wire and mail fraud, health care fraud, public corruption, insider trading, and violations of the False Claims Act and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Eóin has successfully tried cases in federal and state courts and represents clients dealing with the DOJ, SEC, State Attorneys General, OIGs, FINRA and other regulatory and enforcement bodies.
Eóin has conducted numerous internal investigations both at the client’s own initiative and following receipt of a subpoena, Civil Investigative Demand or other notice of a government investigation. Eóin also advises clients responding to cyber-attacks and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Prior to joining the firm, Eóin served as a student assistant district attorney in law school, was a member of the Moot Court Executive Board, was elected to the Order of Barristers and interned for Judge Reena Raggi in the Eastern District of New York.
- Brooklyn Law School (JD, cum laude)
- Trinity College (BA, Economics)
- Currently representing various health care providers in connection with criminal and civil investigations.
- Currently representing an individual in connection with ongoing global investigations into 1MDB.
- Represented several elected officials with respect to grand jury investigations without any charges being brought.
- Convinced the Department of Justice not to charge or sue a number of government contractors in differing industries following investigations of alleged False Claims Act violations.
- Resolved False Claims Act investigation by the Department of Justice and Massachusetts Attorney General into urgent care clinic chain.
- Represented several diagnostic laboratories in connection with criminal and civil investigations by the Department of Justice.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in connection with SEC and DOJ insider trading investigation.
- Secured complete dismissal of charges at trial in federal court involving mail and wire fraud against an individual.
- Represented large corporation in connection with Foreign Corrupt Practice Act investigation resulting in no charges brought.
- Represented top gaming company and company executives in connection with grand jury investigation.
- Performed internal investigation for board committee in response to whistleblower complaint.
- Routinely represent individual witnesses in connection with FBI and OIG investigations.
- Represented technology company in connection with theft by former employee.
Recognition & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Criminal Defense: White Collar (2017-2018)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star – Criminal Defense: White Collar (2013 - 2016)
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Past Board Member, Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL)
- Member, American Bar Association’s Public Corruption and Extortion Subcommittee and the Criminal E-Discovery Taskforce