Date: April 5, 2022
Time: 12:00PM - 1:00PM (EST)
The long-awaited release of the SEC’s proposed climate-related disclosures rule on March 21 has shed light on the intended path the Commission plans to take with regards to the expansion and standardization of such disclosures. It has also elicited a host of questions and challenges for public companies, their officers, directors, and corporate counsel around what information should be disclosed and what company leadership should do now to prepare for future reporting obligations.
We invite you to join us for a webinar that will examine key takeaways from the proposed rule, along with implications for public company leadership and the steps they can take to maneuver in this increasingly challenging legal landscape. The presentation will include perspectives from a former Massachusetts Governor and Members from both our Corporate and Litigation Practices.
Our panel will discuss, among other topics:
- Existing ESG disclosure frameworks and the historic SEC stance on disclosures
- Responses and reactions to the proposed regulations to date
- Immediate tactical and strategic considerations for companies
- Perspectives from the government
- What to expect next: the public comment period allowing corporations to weigh in and potential litigation