Jon is Chair of the Securities & Capital Markets Practice Group and Co-chair of the Life Sciences Practice Group. He represents clients in both public and privately placed equity and debt financings under the Securities Act of 1933, provides counseling for public companies with respect to the full range of securities compliance issues under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and advises high-technology, biotechnology, and medical device companies in numerous contractual and strategic matters.
Jon has an active international practice, representing European companies in merger and acquisition, financing, and other transactions with US and non-US companies.
He has extensive knowledge and experience in the public offering process, representing companies and underwriters in both initial and follow-on public offerings involving straight equity, debt securities, and hybrid securities, such as convertible exchangeable preferred stock, underwritten by major national, international, and regional underwriting firms with domestic and foreign tranches.
He also represents and counsels companies, both public and private, in merger and acquisition transactions, venture capital financings, and executive compensation issues.
Jon has been recognized by Chambers USA for many years, and client commentary in the publication notes, “Jonathan Kravetz is the best securities lawyer I have worked with in my career. He’s brilliant, knowledgeable, thoughtful, client-centric and a pleasure to partner with to solve problems,” and further, “Kravetz is thoughtful, measured, wise, responsive and trustworthy. He’s exceptional.”
- Stanford University (JD)
- Williams College (BA, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
Recognition & Awards
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Corporate/M&A: Capital Markets (2010 – 2019)
- Chambers USA: Nationwide – Life Sciences: Corporate/Commercial (2010 – 2019)
- Best Lawyers in America: Boston Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year (2019)
- Who’s Who Legal: Life Sciences: Transactional (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America: Boston Securities Regulation Lawyer of the Year (2017)
- Best Lawyers in America: Boston Biotechnology Law Lawyer of the Year (2014)
- Best Lawyers in America: Biotechnology Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, Technology Law (2006 – 2020)
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers list: Securities & Corporate Finance (2006 – 2019)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Healthcare: Life Sciences (2015 – 2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Board Member, National Consumer Law Center, Inc.
- Member, Audit and Finance Committee of the National Consumer Law Center, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association