- Represented FloDesign Sonics, developer of a unique acoustic cell processing platform for the industrialization of cell and gene therapy manufacturing, in its sale to MilliporeSigma.
- Represented Boston Metal, a company that focuses on producing metal with no pollution, in its $20 million Series A financing led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures, The Engine, and Prelude Ventures.
- Represented NYSE-listed Aspen Aerogels, a leading energy technology company providing innovative thermal management solutions, in its strategic partnership with BASF.
- Represented NanoSteel, a world leader in nano-structured steel material designs, in its Series C Convertible Preferred Stock Financing and Licensing Agreement with GM Ventures, as well as its Series A and Series B financings.
- Represented Gradiant Corporation, an industrial water recovery solutions company, in its Series A and Series B financings.
- Represented NBD Nanotechnologies, which makes innovative coatings and additives that enhance the properties of product surfaces, in joint development agreements as well as Series A and Series B financings.
- Served as counsel to Canaccord Genuity and Barclays in a $35 million public offering for NYSE-listed BioAmber, a sustainable chemicals company.
- Represented FloDesign Sonics, an acoustic separation and filtration company, in exclusively licensing its acoustic wave separation technology (AWS) to NYSE-listed Pall Corporation.
- Represented NanoSteel, a world leader in nano-structured steel material designs, in securing a $10 million venture loan facility from Nasdaq-listed Horizon Technology Finance Management.
- Served as counsel to Canaccord Genuity in $32.5 and $37.4 million follow-on public offerings for Nasdaq-listed Rubicon Technology, a sapphire manufacturer.
- Represented Aspen Aerogels, a leading energy technology company providing innovative thermal management solutions, in its $82.5 million IPO.
- Represented an energy company engaged in manufacturing in a FTC investigation of its $1.1 billion acquisition of a financial interest in another energy company.
- Represented a global oil and gas company in the procurement of intellectual property rights for exploration and monitoring technologies (geographic information systems, seismological measurement analysis, fluid dynamic measurement analysis) and extraction technologies (high pressure drill bit architectures, deep sea drill motor systems, computing systems for controlling and monitoring drill bits and drill motors).
Mintz represented Boston Metal, a producer of industrial-scale, zero-emissions metals, in its $20M Series A Financing led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures and with Prelude Ventures and The Engine.
Mintz has represented product coating and additive maker NBD Nano since 2013 on matters including financings led by Phoenix Venture Partners and BASF. Mintz also assists NBD with joint development agreements.
Mintz partnered with private equity firm Spring Lane Capital to develop a novel project financing model. Mintz also provided legal guidance on Spring Lane’s first investments, including a vehicle to finance the equity portion of waste gasification project deals.
Mintz helped long-term client Aspen Aerogels expand its strategic partnership with BASF. The new partnership terms include a supply agreement for one of Aspen’s insulation products and financing to help Aspen expand its capacity and develop new aerogel products.