- Representation of ad hoc committee of second lien bondholders in Chapter 11 of Caesars Entertainment Corp. et al in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Illinois.
- Representation of the indenture trustee for convertible note holders in Energy XXI Ltd. bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy court of the Southern District of Texas.
- Representation of the unsecured creditors’ committee in the bankruptcy of Clark-Cutler-McDermott Company, in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of Hitachi Corp. in bankruptcy of General Motors and Chrysler Corporation.
- Representation of ASICS America Corporation, as consignment vendor and member of the unsecured creditors committee in Sports Authority’s bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware.
Mintz represented the ad hoc committee in casino giant Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Mintz’s early summary judgment filing helped its clients settle with Caesars. ML Strategies helped to lobby Congress to oppose Caesars's proposed amendments to the Trust Indenture Act.
Mintz represented Wilmington Savings Fund Society, FSB, the indenture trustee for holders of $367 million in notes, in oil and gas developer Energy XXI, Inc.’s contentious Texas bankruptcy. The noteholders ultimately received a cash payout of more than double the original offer amount.