- Represented GreatPoint Ventures in the $30 million financing of Farmer’s Fridge, which makes fresh meals and stalks them in their self-service fridges.
- Represented EnerNOC, Inc., a SaaS and analytics company focused on energy management and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the Northeast, from idea to financing to development and marketing, to continued rapid growth as a public company on everything from public offerings to private placements. We advised EnerNOC on its $97 million IPO and subsequent financings in the aggregate of approximately $500 million and, later, advised the company on its acquisition of Pulse Energy, and beyond. EnerNOC’s growth as a public company, along with expansion domestically and internationally, brought additional responsibilities, and Mintz has helped EnerNOC navigate the challenges of public company reporting and compliance.
- Represented Spring Lane Capital, a private equity client that has developed and is executing on a novel business model combining project finance capital to deploy innovative technologies as well as traditional technology equity financing, with its first investments, a vehicle to finance the equity portion of waste gasification project financings to be developed by Aries Clean Energy and a direct equity investment into Aries Clean Energy.
- Represented Cambrian Innovation, a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions, in a project financing facility. This was a unique arrangement in which Cambrian’s financing partner could finance the construction and operation of a series of Cambrian's wastewater treatment facilities.
- Represented True North Venture Holdings, a venture capital firm focused on early stage energy, water, agriculture, and waste investments, in a $20 million Series B financing of an undisclosed company.
- Represented Natural Systems Utilities, an emerging national leader in water reclamation and reuse innovation, in a Series D financing.
- Helped to grow Gotham Greens, a worldwide pioneer in the field of urban agriculture and a leading regional producer of hyper-local, premium-quality, greenhouse grown vegetables, and herbs.
- Represented Vermont Electric Power Company (VELCO), the nation's first "transmission only" company, in its joint venture with IBM to create Utopus Insights, which was later acquired by Vestas.
- Represented HydroPoint Data Systems, the market and technology leader in smart water management, in its acquisition of Baseline Irrigation Solutions.
- Represented Green Conversion Systems, which develops, constructs, and operates environmental projects that address solid waste and manufacture power, in its Series C financing.
- Served as project counsel on the development of a 5MW combined anaerobic digestion waste-to-electricity and biogas facility.
- Representation of indenture trustee in Northampton Generating Company, L.P., waste-coal fueled co-generation facility, Chapter 11 in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- Represented environmentally-focused medical waste processor in bankruptcy court and on appeal in confirming its highly-contested Chapter 11 reorganization plan.
Mintz advises Cambrian Innovation on venture capital funding, general corporate matters, project finance, employment matters, and more — leveraging exceptional industry insight, start-up experience, and innovative thinking.
Mintz represented Vermont Transco LLC, and its manager the Vermont Electric Power Company (together, VELCO) in a joint venture with IBM to create analytics start-up Utopus Insights. Within a year, wind turbine manufacturer Vestas acquired Utopus for $100 million.