- Represent Urgent Care Centers of New England d/b/a CareWell Urgent Care, a venture-backed company that develops, operates, or manages urgent care centers, in connection with the Company's roll-out of urgent care centers and joint venture models.
- Represented one of the largest American retail pharmacies in the antitrust aspects of its $2.7 billion acquisition of an American drugstore chain.
- Conducted a limited survey/memo on the ability of nurse practitioners to prescribe and the necessary supervision requirements in 8 specified states, for an urgent care provider.
- Represented a management company in the urgent care space in developing and implementing management relationships with a professional corporation.
- Represented an American retail and pharmacy chain in an antitrust class action alleging unfair restriction for participation in a Rhode Island pharmacy network. We obtained summary judgment for the defendants, which was affirmed on appeal.
Mintz advised a health care company on due diligence, structuring, and documentation related to the acquisition of a 13,000-employee long-term care pharmacy. Mintz attorneys counseled the client on privacy, regulatory, and licensing requirements.
Mintz regularly represents clients before the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission (HPC). Mintz assists clients with HPC Notice of Material Change filings for transactions and compliance matters and prepares health care executives and leaders for testimony and hearings.
Mintz represents Urgent Care Centers of New England, Inc. and CareWell Urgent Care Centers of MA. Mintz helped CareWell set up its first licensed urgent care center in Massachusetts and helped CareWell, UCCONE, and a third party establish a joint venture to own several CareWell urgent care centers.