- Represented a leading retailer in more than 50 multi-property sale-leaseback transactions involving more than 3,500 of the company’s properties located in nearly all 50 states, with an aggregate value in excess of $12 billion, including a $1.3 billion sale-leaseback involving 340 properties.
- Represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser / landlord / borrower in connection with a $325 million sale-leaseback transaction involving 11 outdoor retail stores located in nine states.
- Represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser / landlord / borrower in connection with a $1.5 billion acquisition of 33 net-leased properties made up of various real property asset classes located in the United States and Canada.
- Represented an opportunity fund as the purchaser / landlord in connection with a $500 million sale-leaseback transaction involving eight grocery warehouse properties located in five states in the United States.
- Represented a large national retailer in the developments of two 800,000 square-foot distribution centers (one in upstate New York and the other in Kansas City, Missouri), including acquisitions of the properties, structuring and obtaining public-private partnership incentives, as well as creating opportunities for future sale-leasebacks of the properties.
- Represented a large concrete manufacturing company as seller / tenant in connection with a $220 million sale-leaseback transaction involving 51 manufacturing / industrial warehouse properties located in 22 states in the United States and in two provinces in Canada.
- Represented a client in the acquisition of a data center in Toronto that included a partial leaseback to the seller, in a joint venture with a major real estate investment firm. This transaction also included complex tax structuring for the US-based client and its investor.
- Represented a large equipment rental company, as seller / tenant, in connection with a $120 million sale-leaseback transaction involving over 40 equipment rental industrial properties located in 16 states in the United States.
- Represented a Fortune 500 technology company in the expedited acquisition and permitting of its Boston headquarters, and the ultimate sale of the property and leaseback of several buildings.
- Represented opportunity funds and operating companies in connection with sale-leaseback and other net-lease transactions involving commercial properties located throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Represented a gas station / convenience store chain in a sale-leaseback transaction involving approximately 600 properties.
- Represented the purchaser / landlord in a purchase of a bank headquarters building in Manhattan, with a partial leaseback to the seller.
For 20 years, Mintz has represented a client in real estate purchases, leases, development projects, and sale and leaseback deals involving more than 3,500 of the company’s retail properties. Mintz also developed a due diligence and compliance protocol for current or former brownfields properties.