Mintz is pleased to announce that the firm has been recognized with the 2018 Gold Standard Certification Award from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of women at law firms. Mintz is one of forty-two firms earning this year’s Gold Standard.
“We are pleased that WILEF has recognized Mintz's strategic commitment to success through the advancement, promotion and success of our female professionals,” said Meredith Leary, leader of the firm’s Women’s Initiative.
To achieve the 2018 Gold Standard Certification, a firm must satisfy the mandatory criterion that:
- 20% of equity partners or, alternatively, 33% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women;
And at least three of the following five criteria:
- 15% of firm and U.S. branch office heads are women;
- 20% of the firm’s primary governance committee are women;
- 20% of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women;
- 15% of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women;
- 7% of women equity partners are women of color or 3.5% of women equity partners are LGBT.