Mintz, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C., announced that the firm's Energy Technology Practice Group closed 50 transactions in 2014, completing over half a billion dollars in energy tech deals. Since 2006, the practice group has completed more than 350 transactions totaling over $7 billion in the energy tech sector.
Representative 2014 transactions include:
• Represented Aspen Aerogels in its $82.5 million Initial Public Offering, which closed in June 2014.
• Represented EnerNOC in its acquisition of Pulse Energy, which closed in December 2014.
• Served as counsel to Canaccord Genuity in $32.5 and $37.4 million follow-on public offerings for Rubicon Technology.
• Served as deal counsel to Soligent Holdings, the largest US provider of residential solar panels, in three acquisitions totaling over $100 million.
• Represented multiple project owners and developers in connection with the debt and tax credit financing of over a dozen renewable energy projects by leading lenders and investors.
Mintz is the nation’s premier legal and consulting solutions provider for energy technology innovators. The firm’s Energy Technology Practice Group includes more than 50 attorneys and professionals from across the firm's offices dedicated to offering clients a blend of comprehensive legal and government relations services, and practical business counseling. Mintz has developed one of the largest energy technology practices in the nation by anticipating and responding to clients' needs whether it’s financing, M&A, protecting and defending intellectual property rights, or navigating complex governmental and regulatory issues. With over 250 energy technology clients, attorneys in the Energy Technology Practice and professionals from the firm’s consulting affiliate, ML Strategies, LLC, represent companies developing innovative technologies to generate energy, engineer new forms of storage, and increase the efficiency of transmission and end-use systems.
Founded in Boston over 80 years ago, today Mintz is an international law firm with a global reach. In addition to US offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Stamford, and Washington, the firm has an office in London and a liaison office in Israel.