The Health Law Practice of Mintz, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. is a sponsor of the Women Business Leaders (WBL) of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation and WBL’s 13th Annual Summit.
Karen S. Lovitch, a Member and Practice Leader of Mintz’s Health Law Practice, and Deborah A. Daccord, a Member of the firm’s Health Law Practice and Co-chair of the Healthcare Transactions Group, are both WBL Foundation Associates. Foundation membership is by invitation only. Ms. Daccord is also on the WBL’s Advisory Board.
The WBL Summit will be a peer gathering of more than 180 Board members, CEOs, and other senior executive women from the $3 trillion health care industry. The three day event will be a forum for cross-industry dialogue to help these senior leaders study misalignment and the often-competing demands of their industry. The Summit also focuses on increasing visibility for senior executive women from the health care industry for board of director and CEO positions with companies across the entire U.S. economy.
The Summit will be held March 12-14 at the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Notable speakers at the Summit include:
• Stanford Graduate School of Business Professor Deborah Gruenfeld, a thought leader involved with “Lean In,” who will lead a session on Power, Influence & Body Language
• Alexandra Drane, Former Chief Visionary Officer and Founder of Eliza Corporation and Board Member, TEDMED who will discuss the issue of Big Data in health care
• Angela Braly, Board Member of Procter & Gamble and Lowe’s Companies and former Chair, Wellpoint who will share her thoughts on the outlook for the insurance industry and lessons from the top
• Author Jackie Huba who will share lessons in customer loyalty
• Hope Vaughn of Corinthian Capital Partners who will discuss what mergers, acquisitions and private equity ownership mean for leadership
• Bestselling Author Connie Dieken who will discuss building your brand, establishing trust and gaining lasting influence
Other sponsors of the Summit include: UnitedHealthGroup, Deloitte, McKesson, Medecision, Pinstripe Healthcare, Catholic Health Initiatives, DST Health Solutions, Navigant, Allen & Shariff, Aveus, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, CareView Communications, Centene Corporation, CIGNA, GlaxoSmithKline, Healthcare Leadership Council, Norton Rose Fulbright, Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, TEAMHealth, Theravance, Inc., Trustmark Companies, ValueOptions, WellPoint, HealthHelp, Herman Miller Healthcare, LockeLord LLP, FSR, Medsolutions, Morgan Stanley, and founding sponsor EpsteinBeckerGreen.
Attorneys in Mintz’s Health Law Practice, many of whom have held senior government positions or served as in-house counsel, represent for-profit and non-profit, domestic and international companies in connection with a wide variety of business and legal transactions, challenges and issues that they confront both on a daily basis and in bet-the-company matters. Clients span the full spectrum of the industry, including hospital systems, managed care organizations, laboratories, long-term care providers, durable medical equipment suppliers, behavioral health companies, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, retail pharmacies and pharmacy benefit managers.
The Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation™ is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization comprised of a network of more than 3,000 senior executive women and women board members in the WBL network. WBL crosses silos and is a place for women on the executive teams of insurance, hospitals, life sciences, and other types of health care companies to have honest conversations about their industry. The mission of WBL is to connect and convene senior executive women from across the health care industry to create meaningful cross-sector relationships, expand their leadership, and harness their collective power to improve the industry. To learn more, visit wbl.org.