Deborah handles complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and affiliations, for leading health care providers and investors across the United States. At any given time, Deborah is typically engaged in leading a team of the firm’s transactional and regulatory lawyers on several large-scale deals. Her clients value her strategic thinking as well as her project management skills, from both a deal closure and cost perspective. Deborah also provides general counseling and strategic planning for both nonprofit and for-profit health care providers. She is consistently recognized by her peers and leading publications for excellence in health care law.
Ms. Daccord, a Member in the firm's Health Law Practice. Her practice focuses on complex transactions, including joint ventures, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions for health industry providers and investors nationwide. She is also a member of the firm's Health Reform Working Group and has served on the Policy Committee.
Her recent health care merger and acquisition activity includes acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, and strategic affiliations totaling hundreds of millions of dollars. Her clients span the health care spectrum, including a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care and the country's largest operator of physician networks, post-acute care facilities, vision care providers, ambulatory surgery centers, radiology services providers, and behavioral health and addiction services providers. Deborah has extensive project management experience, and provides general counseling, regulatory advice, and strategic planning for both nonprofit and for-profit health care providers.
Deborah is also a certified Pilates instructor.
- Harvard Law School (JD)
- Harvard University (BA, Extension Studies)
- Represented a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care and the country's largest operator of physician networks in hundreds of acquisitions, sales, and joint ventures nationwide.
- Represented a private equity backed radiology services provider in multiple practice acquisitions.
- Represented multiple clients in developing population health management solutions
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America: Health Care Law (2012 – 2020)
- Chambers USA: Massachusetts (Band 1) – Healthcare (2007 – 2018); (Band 2) - Healthcare (2019)
- Nightingale’s Healthcare News: Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyer (2009)
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce: Boston's Future Leaders (2006)
- Harvard Law School Irving Oberman Memorial Award
- Immediate Past Chair, Board of Directors, Big Sister Association of Greater Boston
- Board of Trustees, Lasell Village
- Founding Member, Women for Whittier
- Member, Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation
- Board of Visitors, Fenway Health
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association