Innovative Strategies for the Health of Your Organization
Today’s physicians and physician organizations face scrutiny from all angles. Shifting payment models from fee-for-service to value-based care, the evolution of digital health and telemedicine technology, and industry consolidation — all create a volatile business and regulatory environment. In this climate, physician organizations require innovative, strategic counsel, with deep experience to match. Mintz’s team is intimately familiar with the dynamics impacting physicians. We will help you meet these challenges and grow beyond them.Share Awards
Health Law Practice recognized Nationally and in Boston, New York, and Washington, DC
Legal 500 United States
Practice recommended in Health Care: Life Sciences, Health Care: Service Providers
Modern Healthcare 2023
Modern Healthcare Top Healthcare Law Firms 2023 Data Dive by the numbers.
U.S. News and Best Lawyers®
Nationally ranked Tier 1 for Health Care
Mintz’s team has deep experience working with physicians and physician organizations across the country. We guide them through the full range of business and legal challenges.
We've helped clients handle matters involving the structuring of compliance agreements and business relationships, internal investigations, reimbursement, HIPAA privacy and security, licensure, and more. We understand that by efficiently managing your regulatory and business hurdles, we enable you to focus on providing the highest quality care to patients. That’s our goal.
- Transactions, joint ventures, and operational restructuring
- Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party reimbursement counseling
- Structuring agreements and business relationships to comply with the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and state medical practice laws
- Hospital / physician relationships, credentialing, and medical staff issues
- HIPAA privacy and security guidance and data breach counseling
- Protecting physician research and innovation
- Noncompete and employment counseling
- Tax planning
Our attorneys help you manage your regulatory and business hurdles so you can focus on serving your patients.