Health Care Transactional Due Diligence
Bringing Deep Industry Knowledge to Health Care Transactions
The regulatory landscape in the health care industry is incredibly complex. Mergers and acquisitions in this area are fraught with all of the pitfalls of a typical corporate transaction — plus an added layer of regulatory exposure. Investors and businesses involved in health care transactions need sophisticated counsel who understand the applicable regulatory regime. We work with you to assess your target's level of compliance, identify and comply with regulatory and contractual change of ownership requirements, and mitigate any potential legal or financial exposure.Share Awards
BTI Industry Power Rankings
Recognized as a “Leading Core Firm” in the health care industry
U.S. News and Best Lawyers®
Nationally ranked Tier 1 for Health Care
Health Law Practice recognized Nationally and in Boston, New York, and Washington, DC
Mintz's leading health law practice brings decades of experience with health care mergers and acquisitions to benefit our clients, including private equity firms, other investors, lenders, and acquiring companies.
We work directly with the client or collaborate with corporate counsel. In each case, our comprehensive due diligence review helps the client assess the potential risk and reward.
- Applicable state and federal regulatory structure for the proposed investment
- Relationships with referral sources
- Billing and coding practices
- Fraud and abuse risk areas
- HIPAA and state privacy law, including data breaches
- Compliance with FDA requirements
- Compliance with Stark Law exceptions, anti-kickback safe harbors, and change of ownership/information requirements
- Certificate of need, state licensure, and Medicare & Medicaid notification and approval requirements
What Our Clients Are Saying
Our experienced health care transactions team will work with you to assess your target, identify the regulatory requirements of your investments, and mitigate exposure.