- Our counsel collaborates with corporate counsel
- Provided state and federal regulatory research and analysis
- Purchase price of approximately $4.1 billion
Mintz advised a consortium comprised of TPG Capital, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and certain other minority investors in their acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Our counsel collaborates with corporate counsel in conducting all aspects of health care regulatory diligence, commenting on the health law aspects of purchase and related agreements, providing advice on the structuring of the investment, and providing state and federal regulatory research and analysis.
Immediately following the acquisition of Kindred, the home health, hospice, and community care businesses were separated from Kindred to operate as a stand-alone company owned 40% by Humana Inc., with the remaining 60% owned by the consortium. Kindred’s LTAC hospitals, IRFs, and contract rehabilitation services businesses are now operated as a separate specialty hospital company owned by TPG and WCAS.
Susan Berson leads a team of attorneys including Theresa Carnegie, Karen Lovitch, Ellyn Sternfield, Tara Dwyer, Bridgette Keller, Lauren Moldawer, and Carrie Roll on this matter.