Bridgette advises clients in the health insurance industry, including managed care organizations, PBMs, and integrated delivery systems, ACOs, and providers on a variety of regulatory, fraud and abuse, and business planning matters. Her practice centers on compliance with federal health care program regulatory requirements, with a focus on reimbursement issues and value-based contracting.
Bridgette regularly counsels clients regarding risk-adjusted reimbursement programs and the practices that support them, including Medicare Advantage Organizations (MAOs) and ACOs participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). Bridgette has experience conducting and defending investigations regarding fraud and abuse issues, including billing compliance related to Medicare, Medicaid, and TRICARE. She also works closely with discount medical plans (DMPOs) and other clients in the health care industry on matters relating to compliance with state regulations.
Bridgette is interested in value-based healthcare. She works closely with payors, providers, and ACOs, on a variety of innovative collaborations and has experience negotiating and papering these relationships.
With a background in health care operations, Bridgette is able to provide clients with practical insight that includes a focus on the business implications of health care regulatory and compliance, internal investigations, and fraud and abuse analyses of proposed new procedures. Bridgette applies her experience in health system administration and ethics in health care to her health law practice. Prior to practicing law, she worked as a health care ethicist at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for Ethics in Health Care (NCEHC) and held other health system operations positions within VHA.
Most recently, Bridgette began hosting Health Law Diagnosed, Mintz’s health law podcast and she is a frequent author on Mintz’s Health Law Viewpoints.
- Counsels clients regarding Medicare Advantage risk adjustment compliance, including responses to OIG and CMS RADV audits.
- Assists with communication and advocacy with federal health care program regulators, including CMS and the HHS OIG.
- Drafts and negotiates complex services agreements between health plans and PBMs.
- Monitors changes and developments in state laws that impact the PBM industry and other related stakeholders.
- Conducts internal investigations into potential fraud and abuse matters and manage multiple key stakeholders.
- Develops and implements compliance reviews to recommend and identify compliance best practices.
- Assisted with the defense and settlement of a five-year False Claims Act investigation conducted by multiple U.S. Attorney’s Offices and DOJ’s Civil Division on behalf of a national health care provider. We successfully convinced the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Health and Human Services not to pursue a Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Represented a national health care provider in a False Claims Act investigation conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. The government ultimately declined to intervene, and the relator chose to voluntarily dismiss the case.
- Assisted with the defense of a diagnostics company in a national criminal and civil investigation involving multiple US Attorneys’ Offices and state Attorneys' General Offices. The investigation involved alleged kickback issues and billing violations.
November 30, 2023 | Podcast | By Bridgette Keller
Health Law Diagnosed – CA Proposes Regs for Pre-Closing Review of Health Care Deals: What You Need to Know
August 21, 2023 | Podcast | By Lara Compton, Deborah Daccord, Bridgette Keller, Daria Niewenhous
Pharmacy Benefit Managers are on the Federal Government’s Radar: Senate, House, and Agency Proposals Seek to Increase PBM Oversight - Part 2
June 15, 2023 | Blog | By Bridgette Keller, Sophia Temis
Pharmacy Benefit Managers are on the Federal Government’s Radar: Senate, House, and Agency Proposals Seek to Increase PBM Oversight – Part 1
June 6, 2023 | Blog | By Bridgette Keller, Sophia Temis
This blog post highlights recent Senate activity as well as a proposed bipartisan Senate and House bill that would impact PBM activity in the Medicaid-managed care space. This blog post is the first in a series of two posts detailing recent federal activities aimed at increasing oversight of the pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) industry.
May 2, 2023 | Blog | By Bridgette Keller, Cody Keetch
April 25, 2023 | Podcast | By Bridgette Keller, Eoin Beirne, Karen Lovitch, Brian Dunphy
April 18, 2023 | Podcast | By Bridgette Keller, Karen Lovitch, Brian Dunphy, Eoin Beirne
News & Press
September 22, 2023
September 29, 2022
Events & Speaking
Recognition & Awards
- Included on the New York Super Lawyers Rising Star: Health Care list (2020-2023)
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)