- Conducted the due diligence and provided state and federal regulatory research and analysis in connection with TPG’s acquisition of Convey Health Solutions, a specialized health care technology company that provides health plan administration, supplemental benefits administration, and consulting services to health plans.
- Served as regulatory counsel to a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in their $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND). The transaction was recognized by The Deal as the 2018 Private Equity Deal of the Year.
- Advised a global health care company on a variety of issues in connection with its acquisition of several health plans and provider groups, including health care regulatory due diligence, health care regulatory advice regarding transaction structure and strategy, and preparation of regulatory notices and other filings.
- Represented HealthpointCapital Partners in numerous transactions, including its acquisition of Blue Belt Technologies, Inc., a developer of smart surgical instruments.
- Represented one of the largest for-profit ambulatory surgery center operators in the country in a joint venture with a large hospital system and a group of physicians, to own and operate ambulatory surgery centers in New York City.
- Counseled a national independent laboratory on state, federal, and accrediting agency notice and approval requirements in connection with its acquisition by an international diagnostics and laboratory services company, and prepared over one hundred filings to be submitted to a variety of agencies.
Mintz is advising a consortium of investors in their approximately $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Mintz collaborates with corporate counsel and provides regulatory analysis for the deal, which will create two stand-alone companies.
Mintz advised a health care company on due diligence, structuring, and documentation related to the acquisition of a 13,000-employee long-term care pharmacy. Mintz attorneys counseled the client on privacy, regulatory, and licensing requirements.
Mintz represented New England Geriatrics, a provider of comprehensive psychiatric care to geriatric patients and their families, in its $16 million acquisition by HealthDrive Corporation. A cross-sectional team of Health Law, Corporate, Tax, and Litigation attorneys collaborated on the transaction.