Brent is a leading health care professional who brings more than 30 years of industry experience to his work advising clients on complex business, legal, and regulatory issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Brent was Vice President and General Counsel of Partners HealthCare, the largest hospital network in New England. In that capacity, he oversaw the legal, internal audit, corporate compliance, and business ethics departments for the organization — a large teaching, research, health care delivery, and insurance network with more than 70,000 employees and $12 billion in annual revenue.
Previously, Brent was Vice President and General Counsel of MedStar Health, a hospital system serving the Baltimore/Washington corridor. In addition, he has served as Deputy Administrator of the New York City Human Resources Administration, where he directed the NYC Medicaid program, and as Director of Business and Governmental Affairs for the Greater Southeast Health Care System in Washington, DC. He is a Past President and current Fellow of the American Health Lawyers Association.
Brent began his career as an attorney with another leading law firm, and has taught health care law at Howard University and the University of Maryland.
- Yale University (MUS)
- Yale Law School (JD)
- Princeton University (BA)
Recognition & Awards
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States for Healthcare: Service Providers (2018-2019)
- Best Lawyers in America: Health Care Law (2020)
- Recognized as a Health Care Trailblazer by the National Law Journal (2019)
- Fellow, American Health Lawyers Association
- Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, Princeton University
- Trustee, Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Director, Fiduciary Trust Company
- Trustee, Martha’s Vineyard Hospital
- Member, Advisory Board, Equality Asset Management
- Member, African American Studies Department Advisory Council, Princeton University
- Member, American Law Institute
- Past President, American Health Lawyers Association
- Past member, Advisory Board for Clinical Research, National Institutes of Health
- Past member, Board of Governors, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
- Past member, Board of Directors, Partners HealthCare International
- Past member, Council of the Boston Bar Association
- Past member, Massachusetts Access to Justice Commission
- Past member, Board of Directors, Public Welfare Foundation
- Past Chair, Alumni Association of Princeton University