On January 10, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services published proposed rules labeled as “policy and technical” changes to the Medicare Advantage (Part C) and Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit (Part D) Programs. If adopted as drafted, these rules will significantly impact how Medicare Advantage organizations and Part D Prescription Drug Plan sponsors operate and interact with their contractors, beneficiaries, and the government. The rules will also significantly impact the operations of all health care entities involved in providing drug products under Medicare Parts C and D, including pharmacy benefit managers, pharmacies, and physicians.
Additionally, we are hosting a webinar on January 29, 2014 at 1:30 pm EST. During the webinar we will discuss the practical implications of the proposed rules, provide a forum for an interactive discussion among interested parties, and answer questions. The Advisory and webinar will be of particular interest to the following parties:
- Plans that provide Medicare Parts C and D services;
- PBMs, TPAs and other entities that provide services to Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans;
- Pharmacies, in particular pharmacies that provide Medication Therapy Management Services to Medicare beneficiaries;
- Physicians and other health care providers who write prescriptions for drugs covered by Medicare Part D; and
- Long term care facilities with financial arrangements involving the administration of Medicare Parts C and D covered drugs.
Register for the webinar here.