As 2015 comes to a close and you look ahead to the New Year, we hope that you will consider joining us for an informative webinar on health care enforcement trends for 2016. On Wednesday, January 13, 2016, my colleagues Hope Foster, Laurence Freedman, and Bridget Rohde will host “Health Care Enforcement in 2016: A Look Back on 2015 and Forecasting the Year Ahead.” The webinar will highlight key enforcement activities from 2015 and the trends we expect to see in 2016.
Topics for discussion include:
• The Yates Memo;
• The DOJ Fraud Section’s use of compliance counsel to evaluate compliance programs;
• Increased prosecutions of Medicare fraud and related offenses, including the largest Strike Force nationwide takedown in its history;
• The DOJ Civil Division’s prioritization of particular programs and provider types;
• Notable settlements and decisions from 2015; and
• Upcoming appellate decisions on the scope of the False Claims Act
The webinar will take place from 1:00-2:00pm EST. Full details and registration information are available here.
Please also stay tuned for our Health Care Enforcement Defense Practice’s report recapping enforcement activities in 2015 and looking ahead to 2016. The report will be available in early January, and we will link to it on this blog.
We hope you can join us for this webinar!