My colleagues in the firm’s Immigration Practice recently posted an advisory on F-1 students with OPT employment eligibility, and what those students should keep in mind before October 1. If this applies to you and you find yourself in one of the below situations, read the advisory to get more info.
- My OPT employment card has not expired and my H-1B petition has been accepted, but not yet approved;
- My OPT employment card has not expired and my H-1B has been approved;
- My OPT employment card has expired;
- I need to depart the US and will not return until October 1 or later and will apply for the H-1B visa; or
- My H-1B petition was denied by USCIS.
To follow all of our immigration law news, subscribe to the blog Immigration Law.