- Represented the general partner of a hedge fund and its members in a dispute with a former employee who claimed to own a minority interest in the general partner.
- Represented a minority shareholder when he was frozen out of his business by the majority shareholder who forced the company into bankruptcy to avoid liability. Obtained a resounding win on summary judgment as to the remedy for the minority shareholder.
- Represented a major eCommerce provider in a commercial dispute with a former customer.
- Represented the ousted founder of an automation company in a fiduciary dispute.
- Represented an insurer in parallel actions before the bankruptcy court and federal court in connection with claims for coverage brought by directors, officers, and corporate policyholders leading to a successful multiparty mediation.
- Represented a telecommunications service provider in general commercial litigation and corporate litigation matters.
- Represented a majority shareholder in a dispute with a minority shareholder resulting in a successful mediation.
- Represented a partnership in a dispute with a former partner regarding compensation.
- Represented a majority shareholder of a residential property development company in a dispute with a minority shareholder.
- Represented an insurer with respect to a dispute concerning coverage under a professional liability policy for an insurance broker’s alleged negligence in the procurement of a director and officer liability policy.
- Represented an insurer with respect to a dispute concerning the allocation method among standard occurrence-based CGL policies for a long-term progressive injury.
- Part of the team that won over $8 million for the owners of an iconic Boston restaurant that was forced to close and file bankruptcy due to a long-term state-funded construction project that had a negative effect on the number of customers. After a three-week trial, the jury awarded our client the full amount we requested.
Mintz represented a telecom company in a post-closing indemnification dispute regarding the sale of a subsidiary. The buyer demanded escrowed funds to pay post-closing taxes. The litigation resolved after the buyer's low post-closing tax liability was revealed.
Mintz represents an American thoroughbred horse racing facility on insurance and risk management issues related to its racing, poker, golf, and dining offerings. Mintz also advised the client on insurance and regulatory issues related to its acquisition of another racing facility.