Mergers & Acquisitions
- Viela Bio (Nasdaq:VIE) in its $3.05 billion sale to Horizon Therapeutics (Nasdaq: HZNP), ranked in Fierce Biotech’s “The Top 10 Biopharma M&A Deals in 2021”
- QIAGEN N.V. (NYSE: QGEN; Frankfurt: QIA) in its $12.5 billion proposed sale to Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (NYSE: TMO)
- Netsmart Technologies in multiple acquisitions
- Synlogic, Inc. in its merger with Mirna Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MIRN)
- Molecular Templates, Inc. in its merger with Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: THLD)
- Synta Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: SNTA) in its merger with Madrigal Pharmaceuticals
- Atlantic Tele-Network (Nasdaq: ATNI) in its $145 million acquisition of Innovative Group
- Essilor International SA in its $270 million acquisition of Costa Inc. (Nasdaq: ATX)
- FGX International in its acquisition of Stylemark
- ASSA ABLOY AB in its $80 million acquisition of LaserCard Corporation (Nasdaq: LCRD)
- ABRY Partners, a private equity firm, in its $1.3 billion acquisition of RCN Corporation (Nasdaq: RCNI)
- Cequent Pharmaceuticals in its sale to Marina Biotech, Inc. (Nasdaq: MRNAD), formerly known as MDRNA, Inc.
- Dynasil Corporation of America (Nasdaq: DYSL) in its acquisition of Hilger Crystal Limited, a U.K. subsidiary of Newport Corp. (Nasdaq: NEWP)
- Management team of Netsmart Technologies, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of Netsmart by private equity firm, Genstar Capital, including terms of management’s “roll-over” and co-investment arrangements and related employment and compensation arrangements
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502) in its $8.8 billion acquisition of Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: MLNM), one of the largest foreign acquisitions by a Japanese company, the largest by a Japanese company in the pharmaceutical industry and IDD magazine‘s “Healthcare Deal of the Year” in 2008
- Lane, Berry & Co. International LLC in its sale to Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- XIUS – bcgi in its sale of substantially all of its interests in its Israeli subsidiary, Puresight Technologies Limited
- Boston Communications Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: BCGI) in its $65 million merger with Megasoft Limited
- Helix Technology Corporation (Nasdaq: HELX) in its agreement to merge with Brooks Automation in a $450 million stock swap
- Rezolute, Inc. in its $41 million PIPE in connection with a Nasdaq uplisting (lead investor’s counsel)
- Spero Therapeutics, Inc. in its IPO and multiple follow-on offerings
- Molecular Templates, Inc. in multiple follow-on offerings
- Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc in its $100 million follow-on offering (investors' counsel)
- Synlogic, Inc. in multiple follow-on offerings
- WAVE Life Sciences Ltd. in its $102 million IPO
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $141.4 million follow-on offering (underwriters' counsel)
- TECO Energy in its $280.5 million public offering of common stock
- Stemline Therapeutics, Inc. in its $30 million IPO
- Recapitalization transaction of SofTech, Inc.
- Atlantic Tele-Network in its $68 million public offering of common stock
Mintz represented Spero Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing treatments for drug-resistant bacterial infections, in a September 2020 underwritten public offering that netted $80 million in gross proceeds before the deduction of underwriting discounts and commissions.
Mintz represented Synlogic in an $80 million financing from Ginkgo Bioworks and the parties' related collaboration to expand development of Synlogic’s Synthetic Biotic medicines. Mintz previously helped Synlogic raise over $200 million in capital, plus another $40 million through a reverse merger.
Mintz advised biopharma company Spero Therapeutics on an agreement with Everest Medicines regarding the development and commercialization of a product to treat multidrug-resistant bacterial infections and option to license another.
In July 2018 Mintz represented Spero Therapeutics, a multi-asset clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, in its underwritten public offering. The offering included 3,780,000 shares of its common stock and 2,220 shares of its non-voting Series A Convertible Preferred Stock, with the gross proceeds to Spero being $75M prior to the deduction of any underwriting discounts and commissions.
Mintz’s work for synthetic biotic company Synlogic Inc. has included raising over $100 million in three VC financing rounds. Mintz attorneys also helped Synlogic form a multiyear global R&D collaboration with AbbVie and raise more than $40 million in an IPO via a reverse merger with Mirna Therapeutics.