- Represented a leading global real estate and investment management firm in a $1.6 billion acquisition of a highly diversified portfolio of 256 primarily light industrial assets comprising over 30 million square feet across 16 major U.S. markets.
- Represented Northwood Investors in the acquisition of 900 Corporate Pointe in Culver City, CA (300,000 square feet of office space within a three-building office campus).
- Represented a family office in the formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop a 270-unit apartment complex with ground floor retail in Hollywood, CA from a private seller. The transaction involved acquisition and financing from a life insurance company.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the sale of property in Boston, Massachusetts valued at $562 million.
- Represented a data center owner in a public private partnership, including its financing, acquisition, and development of data centers in San Francisco, Chicago, North Carolina and Toronto.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of membership interests in an entity owning an office and retail tower in New York valued at $425 million and related joint venture documentation.
- Brandon was a leading member of the Mintz team that represented Pacific Urban Residential (PUR) in the diligence, acquisition, and subsequent dissolution of a single asset residential real estate investment trust (REIT) purchased from an affiliate of Grosvenor Group, which owned a multifamily property in Belmont, CA. PUR is a leading West Coast apartment investor that acquires and repositions apartment communities, providing much-needed housing for nearly 17,000 West Coast residents.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of membership interests in an entity owning an office tower in New York valued at $350 million.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the sale of property in Washington, DC valued at $213 million.
- Represented an institutional lender in the origination of a multimillion-dollar loan made in connection with the acquisition of a sports venue located in Inglewood, California.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of membership interests in an entity owning an office property valued at $110 million in California and related joint venture documentation.
- Represented an investor and developer of office and technology facilities in the acquisitions and financings of rentable office and technology spaces throughout the continental United States.
Mintz served as legal counsel to Tonaquint Data Centers in its acquisition of EdgeX Data Centers, bolstering its cloud and network solutions in the Mountain West and Southwest. This strategic move expands Tonaquint’s footprint into Oklahoma City and adjacent markets. The deal was led by Members Jeffrey Moerdler and Ari Feder, and Associate Joshua Rudin.
Mintz represented Menlo Equities, a private, vertically integrated commercial real estate investment firm, in its acquisition of 8 data centers and an 80% interest in a ninth from a partnership between an asset management company and a real estate investment company for approximately $487 million.
Daniel Guggenheim and Michel Soejoto represented Northwood Investors in a complex real estate acquisition that involved multiple purchase agreements, a complicated joint venture agreement, resolving litigation, and obtaining bankruptcy court approval.
Mintz represents a private real estate investment firm that has completed over 90 investments collectively valued at $29 billion. Mintz recently helped the company acquire a San Francisco office tower and membership interests in entities that own office property in New York and Glendale, CA.
Mintz represented a leading media and entertainment company in its acquisition of a Needham, Massachusetts site for a new regional headquarters and broadcast studio. Mintz advised the company on the purchase and sale and other real estate matters and a construction management agreement.