- Represented an independent authority in an investigation of contractor compliance with the federally mandated disadvantaged business enterprise program.
- Reached a trial verdict for our client, a construction company, in a property damage dispute.
- Represented a state institution and subsidiary in connection with the permitting and construction of a biologics manufacturing, filling, and distribution facility in Boston.
- Represented an owner entity in a AAA arbitration in a dispute over the design and construction of a biomass fuel plant in Georgia.
- Representation of General Electric in all phases of environmental remediation and related dredging and construction projects for the Housatonic River area.
- Negotiated the construction contract for Boston’s flagship 115,000-square-foot food distribution facility for the Greater Boston Food Bank.
- Represented a global biopharmaceutical manufacturer in connection with the acquisition of a portion of a former military base located in Devens, Massachusetts, for the construction of a large-scale, multiproduct bulk biologics manufacturing facility.
- Won over $8 million for the owners of an iconic Boston restaurant that was forced to close and file bankruptcy due to a long-term state-funded construction project that had a negative effect on the number of customers. After a three week trial, the jury awarded our client the full amount we requested.
- Represented a public company retail client in the construction contracts related to the development of two large (750,000+ square feet) distribution centers.
- Represented the developer partner of a joint venture in the syndicated construction financing of multiple phases of an office campus in Silicon Valley.
- Represented a private family office in connection with general real estate matters, including its acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, construction, insurance programming, development and other general real estate matters for its growing portfolio of real estate located in Boston and Greater Boston.
- Lead counsel for multi-billion dollar fund-control company in defamation case alleging false "Made in USA" labeling of consumer products. Litigated extensive motion practice and interim appeal. Successfully negotiated settlement for minimal nuisance value.
- Represented a national contractor in the resolution of a construction defect case involving a luxury condominium in Pasadena, California.
- Represented an American construction contracting company in a water infiltration case in California.
- Represented a national institutional owner of commercial and multifamily properties in litigation against an architect and a contractor for defective design and construction of a 450-unit Texas project in state court. Successfully resolved in mediation.
- Represents GE in administrative proceedings to select a remedy for the Housatonic Rest of River.
- Represented longtime client, Walsh Construction Limited, in a large mediation against their design build subconsultant HNTB on the I-90 Innerbelt Bridge Project in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Won a two-week jury trial in which our client sued for breach of a multi-million-dollar construction contract. The jury found liability on all counts, and the judge found unfair business practices sufficient to warrant the award to our client of reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Successfully represented Wynn MA, LLC in securing the license to build a five star integrated resort with a casino in Everett, MA.
- Represented General Electric in all phases of construction related to the company’s Boston Headquarters.
- Represented the University of Massachusetts in the contract review and negotiation of a $55 million biolab facility in Boston.
- Represented a construction services company in the confirmation of its Chapter 11 liquidating plan and post-petition litigation.
Mintz assisted GE with procurement, contract operations, and litigation risk management associated with a $1.7 billion environmental cleanup of PCBs in the Hudson River in New York and manufacturing sites along the river.
Mintz litigators won an $8.5 million jury verdict for Joe Tecce’s Ristorante in Boston’s North End in a case against the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. The Tecce’s sued over lost sales associated with business disruption during the state-funded “Big Dig” construction project.
When construction and design defects at Boston’s Emerson Colonial Theatre delayed the world premiere of Moulin Rouge! The Musical, Mintz filed litigation on behalf of theater operator Ambassador Theatre Group and worked with its general counsel to successfully resolve the matter through mediation.
Mintz and ML Strategies helped Wynn MA, LLC secure a license for a $2+ billion resort & casino project in Everett, Massachusetts. The Mintz team worked through the legislative process and helped Wynn obtain state and local permits and secure a Massachusetts Gaming Commission license.