Date: February 29, 2016
Time: 8:00AM - 9:00AM
- International Debt Collections: Collecting Your Global Money
Paul Ricotta will lead a webinar regarding "International Debt Collections: Collecting Your Global Money" on February 29th, 2016.
Event DescriptionInternational debt collection and recovery can be extremely complicated and costly.
This topic is intended to provide you with the knowledge of risks and legal steps to take in order to improve the prospects for successfully collecting outstanding balances across borders. This topic will also address the fundamental knowledge of what to look for when structuring a contract that includes international commercial customers.
- You will be able to define choice of law and jurisdiction.
- You will be able to identify arbitration clauses.
- You will be able to recognize statutes of limitations.
- You will be able to discuss independent guaranties and letters of credit.
Paul J. Ricotta is a bankruptcy and commercial financing attorney at Mintz. Paul works with bondholders and indenture trustees in workouts and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. He has extensive experience representing debtors and creditors in bankruptcy and insolvency matters.