Mastering Absence Management, "Compliance - Overview of Regulations"
New England Employee Benefits Council
Date: August 16, 2018
Time: 8:30AM - 9:15AM
Location: Boston, MA
Establishing a strategy to remain compliant without creating customized processes for each new policy and regulation
In this session, you will learn about three core areas of absence management:
- Compliance from a Legal Expert – something for those new to the topic, needing a refresher or well versed in the subject!
- Gain a cursory overview of all absence regulations
- Dive into more complex topics like ADAAA, Mandated Paid Sick and MA Paid Family Leave
- Ask your specific questions
- Learn how employers of all sizes are positioning absence within their organizations, including strategies they are adopting to address the complexities of this subject matter.
- Explore how the market landscape has shifted to respond to employer demand and how to determine what’s best for you, your supervisors and your employees.
- Employer Tools and Best Practices
- Hear from an employer about their absence program, highlighting how they arrived at their current plans and processes and what changes are on the horizon for them.
- Focus on the employer’s strategy and toolkit, as well as how the plan is viewed by other stakeholders including supervisors and employees.
In the last hour of the program, you will learn recent developments in Massachusetts and how employers can best position themselves for future change.
Emma counsels clients on a wide variety of employment issues and litigates employment disputes before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Her litigation practice includes restrictive covenant agreements; discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation claims; and wage and hour compliance.
Brendan J. Lowd
Brendan is an experienced and creative litigator, advisor, and counselor to public, private, start-ups, and closely-held companies. Brendan also represents high-level executives in the negotiation of their employment agreements and compensation.