Location: 3580 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92130
One of the hottest topics in the communications industry today is 5G, the next-generation standard in mobile telecommunications. Join us for a timely discussion of government efforts to help launch 5G services as well as a look at the opportunities and potential challenges ahead for the wireless industry.
We’ll cover five critical areas pertinent to realizing the promise of 5G:
- FCC action — policy and legal reforms to free up new spectrum bands for advanced communications, including for both licensed and unlicensed operations, and the launch of ongoing and future auctions
- Congressional action — the Consolidation Appropriations Act of 2018 and other initiatives to open up more spectrum for 5G use
- Supply chain obstacles — government efforts to reduce national security threats
- Infrastructure deployment — government reforms to speed the deployment of 5G-ready infrastructure
- Closing the digital divide — government action and support to bring wireless broadband to rural America