Date: May 7, 2020
Time: 3:00PM - 5:30PM
Marc Abrams will be co-hosting the ARIAS-U.S. 2020 Virtual Spring Seminar, taking place on Thursday, May 7th from 3:00pm EST- 5:30pm EST. The agenda includes two courses followed by a small group networking session co-sponsored by the Education and Member Services Committees. The full agenda is as follows:
1) COVID-19 Direct Insurance Issues
- Faculty: Chuck Ehrlich, Independent Arbitrator
Cynthia Koehler, AIG
Heidi Hudson Raschke, Carlton Fields
- Description: This session will provide an overview of the insurance lines of business that have been or will potentially be impacted by claims for coverage arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, including all-risk property policies, workers’ compensation, liability, A&H, and others. The Panel will discuss emerging coverage issues under various policies, with a particular emphasis on claims for business interruption coverage resulting from business closures.
2) Catastrophic Storms & Reinsurance: Big Weather Events Bring Big Coverage Issues
- Faculty: Daina Casling, Aeolus Capital Management
Doug Dixon, Swiss Re America Holding Corporation
Justin Fortescue, White & Williams LLP
- Description: Every year large storms cause significant property damage and loss of life, costing the insurance industry billions of dollars. Even after the many direct coverage issues are resolved and payments to policyholders have been made, ceding companies and their reinsurers face other reinsurance coverage issues that often lead to disputes. This panel will provide an overview of these reinsurance issues and discuss best practices for cedents when presenting these claims to reinsurers.
3) Networking Groups
- Join us for 45 minutes of virtual networking following the sessions!
Given COVID-19 and the current shelter-in-place rules, ARIAS-U.S. is conducting their annual Spring Seminar online, split into two 2.5 hour sessions, one in May, followed by a second in June. Please look out for details on the second session coming soon.