Energy & Sustainability Connections Newsletter – October 2018
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Leader In the News: On September 19, 2018, NanoSteel, an advanced materials company, announced the launch of a new company, Formetrix, Inc. and a Series A capital raise.
- Legal Feature: In a post for the National Association of Corporate Directors, Mintz’s Tom Burton and Benjamin Stone write about the opportunities and challenges an increased focus on sustainability presents boards.
- Legal Feature: Benjamin Stone interviews Ananth Kasturiraman and Caroline Fay, the co-founders of Skillist, in a podcast on From the Edge. Listen here.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting events including Horizon18, a new global event for the clean energy economy, and the New England Clean Energy Council’s Green Tie Gala.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including the latest developments in DOE research and development programs and an announcement on NAFTA reform.
- M&A Activity: Catch up with the latest round of M&A activity in the cleantech space.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Leader in the News: NanoSteel
Legal Feature: Stakeholders’ Desire for Sustainability Presents Opportunities and Challenges for Boards
Legal Feature: Co-founders of Social Enterprise Skillist Discuss How They Are Disrupting the Job Application Space
MintzEdge Entrepreneur Perspective: “Reinventing the Resume” - Co-Founders of Skillist
July 17, 2018 |Podcast
Energy & Sustainability Event Highlights – October 2018
October 4, 2018 |Article
Energy & Sustainability Washington Updates – October 2018
October 4, 2018 |Article
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.