Energy & Sustainability Connections Newsletter – January 2020
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Special Announcement: On January 8, 2020, the new U.S. Secretary of Energy announced the launch of the Energy Storage Grand Challenge to promote development and growth in energy storage technologies.
- Legal Feature: The Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI): Everything You Need to Know, Part I: What Is the TCI? Read here.
- Client Feature: This month, we are pleased to feature Greentech Capital Advisors, the first and largest global investment bank dedicated to serving companies and investors that are transforming the world’s energy, industrial, and resources infrastructure.
- M&A Activity: Read the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Updates Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including updates on new energy legislation in Congress, the extension of various energy tax provisions, and the swearing in of the new Secretary of Energy.
- Upcoming Events: Don’t miss this month’s exciting events, including a Cleantech Roundtable Lunch on 2020 Trends in Renewable Energy at Mintz’s San Diego office and a Clean Tech and Sustainability Happy Hour with Silicon Valley Bank and attorneys from Mintz’s Boston office.
Learn more here.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Legal Feature: The Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI): Everything You Need to Know, Part I: What Is the TCI?
Client Feature: Greentech Capital Advisors
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.