A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Legal Feature: Update: President Biden Signs Historic Legislation Providing Expansive Clean Energy Tax Incentives Read here.
- Client Feature: This month, we are excited to feature Quaise Energy, Inc., an energy company unlocking terawatt-scale geothermal energy by developing and utilizing millimeter wave drilling systems. Read here.
- M&A Activity: Read about the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Update: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including the initial rollout of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 and recent Bipartisan Infrastructure Law opportunities issued by the US Department of Energy. Read here.
- IP Updates: Read the latest energy and sustainability IP updates. Read here.
- Litigation Updates: Read the latest litigation news in the energy and sustainability space, including the SEC’s release of a draft of its strategic five-year plan and its increased enforcement activities to combat “greenwashing.” Read here.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting events, including NECA’s 2022 Fuels Conference. Learn more here.
- NY Green Bank’s 2021-22 Impact Report: The bank’s second annual report on its progress over the past year is now available. The report highlights another record-breaking year for NY Green Bank, with more capital committed than in any prior year and significant progress made in achieving its strategic priorities for the year. Read here.
- Emerging from the Pandemic: Mintz is focused on helping businesses leverage opportunities and avoid liability as they manage back-to-office transitions and regroup to compete in a changed marketplace. Visit our Emerging from the Pandemic web page to read more.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and we hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Energy and Sustainability Team — Built For This Moment
At the frontlines of the energy and sustainability revolution since the start, our team was built for this moment: to advance innovation, transform infrastructure, and scale solutions integral to business success and a thriving planet.