Recent M&A Activity:
- February 26, 2019: Tioga Midstream, a subsidiary of Summit Midstream Partners, has reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by Hess Midstream Partners for $90 million.
- February 26, 2019: Direct Solar reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by SinglePoint, a subsidiary of Carbon Credit International, for an undisclosed amount. Single Point will pay Direct Solar and affiliate AI Live Transfers a total of $2.04 million for both companies. SinglePoint plans to utilize the companies’ strong market position to pitch cannabis businesses on the opportunity to save money and increase margins by lowering the cost of utilities through the use of solar.
- February 28, 2019: Research Into Action was acquired by Opinion Dynamics for an undisclosed sum. With the acquisition, Opinion Dynamics adds seasoned energy research professionals to its team, allowing it to continue to provide cutting edge research approaches to its clients and enabling its senior staff to continue to focus on answering questions its clients are asking about emerging issues.
- March 1, 2019: Rio Verde Utilities was acquired by EPCOR Utilities for an undisclosed amount. This acquisition will help EPCOR Utilities expand its footprint as Arizona's largest regulated water and wastewater provider.
- March 4, 2019: Somerset Gas Gathering of Pennsylvania was acquired by Pin Oak Energy Partners for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition will add to Pin Oak Energy Partners’ growing portfolio of midstream assets.
- March 7, 2019: The Bakken water services business of Hess was acquired by Hess Midstream Partners for $225 million.
- March 7, 2019: Geronimo Energy reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by National Grid for $100 million.
- March 11, 2019: The Weidt Group, a subsidiary of EYP Architecture & Engineering, was acquired by Willdan Group for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition will help Willdan Group to expand its geographic footprint into the upper Midwest of the United States where there is a growing demand for energy-efficiency services.
- March 18, 2019: ASA Analytics was acquired by In-Situ on for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition expands In-Situ's ability to serve process applications including municipal and industrial wastewater, drinking water, and other industrial water process markets.
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.