A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month's edition includes:
- Special Announcement: The Mintz Energy & Sustainability Practice completed more than 50 transactions in 2018. As a busy Q1 comes to a close, we took a moment to reflect on 2018. Your good friends on the Mintz team were excited to contribute to the active energy and sustainability sector. We want to thank you for trusting us to partner with you on over 50 transactions in 2018. Since 2006, our Energy & Sustainability Practice has completed more than 500 transactions totaling over $8.5 billion in the sector — and we couldn’t have done it without you! We look forward to a busy next three quarters as we help sustain the industry by working closely with clients, mining innovation, catalyzing finance, acquiring talent, and developing corporate partnerships. To read our full press release, including a sampling of deals completed in 2018, click here.
- Leaders in the News: This month, we are pleased to report on two companies that obtained Massachusetts Clean Energy Center funding. We highlight Onvector, which will use its $65,000 grant for developing a high-voltage method to treat industrial wastewater, and advanced battery management system technology start-up Titan AES, which received an initial $50,000 investment that may be increased to $150,000. Read here.
- Legal Feature: In a four-part series, Mintz’s Leslie Hodge is exploring issues related to investments in solar development pipelines. Read Part 1 about conducting diligence on and Part 2 about valuing a solar pipeline. Originally published by Greentech Media.
- Legal Feature: Authored by Mintz’s Ben Stone and published on the VC Experts blog, this article discusses the advantages of incorporating as a public benefit corporation (PBC) and how best to raise venture capital as a PBC. Read here.
- M&A Activity: Review the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including information on tax extenders and the Fiscal Year 2020 budget request.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting events, including the Momentum Summit and the MIT Clean Energy Prize Finals. Mintz’s own Ben Stone will serve as a judge at the finals! View here.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.