A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month's edition includes:
- Special Announcement: Mintz presents a webinar series on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Read here.
- Legal Feature: Mintz’s Lewis Geffen and Soobin Kim provide insight into legal issues that can arise when documents used in venture financings contain provisions bestowing disproportionate director voting rights if those rights are not included in the certificate of incorporation. Read here.
- Legal Feature: Mintz’s David O’Connor and Tom Burton analyze how recently enacted Massachusetts laws could impact the future of offshore wind development in the state. Read here.
- M&A Activity: Review the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including information on the upcoming climate change hearing and changes in subcommittee leadership.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss exciting industry events in the coming weeks, including the Women on Corporate Boards Panel, presented by Ellevate Network and Women Investing In A Sustainable Economy, and the largest gathering of purpose-led CEOs at Big Path Capital’s Momentum Summit. View here.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Special Announcement: Mintz presents a webinar series on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
Legal Feature: CAUTION: Director Veto Rights in Financing Documents May Constitute “Disproportionate Voting”
- Senate Energy Hearings
- Blue Collar to Green Collar Jobs Development Act
- Clean and Efficient Cars Act
- Offshore Wind for Territories Act
- DOE Names Members of Secretary of Energy Advisory Board
- Argonne National Laboratory Home to New Battery Recycling Center