Energy & Sustainability M&A Activity – August 2019
Recent M&A Activity:
- July 1, 2019: Harsco (Air-X-Changers), a subsidiary of Harsco, was acquired by Chart Industries for $592 million. The acquisition enables Chart’s newest segment, E&C FinFans, to concentrate on its unique and broad product offering and capabilities in air cooled heat exchangers and fans.
- July 1, 2019: Cinco Oil & Gas reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by Pillar Energy Management for an undisclosed amount.
- July 1, 2019: Horizon Consultants was acquired by Mangan for an undisclosed amount. This acquisition provides Mangan with a local presence to serve Louisiana clients.
- July 8, 2019: CWS Wind Farm reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by Greenbacker Renewable Energy Company on an undisclosed date.
- July 15, 2019: Carrizo Oil and Gas reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by Callon Petroleum Company for $3.2 billion. The acquisition will accelerate Callon Petroleum Company’s free cash flow, capital efficiency and deleveraging goals through an optimized model of large-scale development across the portfolio.
- July 15, 2019: Texas Oil and Minerals was acquired by Golden Triangle Enterprises through a reverse merger for an undisclosed amount.
- July 15, 2019: Geronimo Energy was acquired by National Grid for $100 million.
- July 16, 2019: Trans Bay Cable was acquired by NextEra Energy for an undisclosed sum.
- July 16, 2019: Hickman Geological Consulting was acquired by American Energy Partners (Water Treatment) for $40.5 million. This acquisition marks the beginning of American Energy’s buy and build strategy.
- July 29, 2019: Sabine Oil & Gas reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by Osaka Gas for $610 million on an undisclosed date.
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.