Energy & Sustainability M&A Activity – March 2020
Recent M&A Activity:
- February 5, 2020: IntelliPower was acquired by AMETEK for $115 million. IntelliPower offers ruggedized uninterruptible power solutions and is a highly complementary fit with AMETEK’s Power Systems and Instruments Division. The deal broadens AMETEK’s technological capabilities in this attractive market segment.
- February 5, 2020: Universal mCloud reached a definitive agreement to acquire technologies from AirFusion, Inc., as well as the company’s subsidiary, AirFusion GmbH, for an undisclosed amount.
- February 6, 2020: Baswood was acquired by Cambrian Innovation for an undisclosed amount.
- February 11, 2020: Dominion Resources agreed to purchase Southern Company’s 5% stake in Atlantic Coast Pipeline for $175 million. Dominion Resources will now own 53% of the company, and Duke Energy will own 47%.
- February 13, 2020: Enbridge entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Rio Bravo Pipeline Company from NextDecade for $25 million. This will enable Enbridge to further strengthen its ability to serve the expanding LNG export market and fits squarely within its low-risk business model.
- February 13, 2020: Bell Brothers Plumbing Heating and Air was acquired by Service Champions, a portfolio company of the Dallas-based private equity firm CenterOak Partners LLC, for an undisclosed amount.
- February 18, 2020: Air Medics Heating and Cooling was acquired by Perfect Home Services for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition will enhance Perfect Home Service’s presence in the Kendall County area of Chicago, and will streamline the company’s operations.
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.