Recent M&A Activity:
- April 1, 2020: Avalon merged with RedT Energy to form Invinity Energy Systems for an undisclosed sum.
- April 1, 2020: Dome AB, Inc. (Illinois Basin Unit), a subsidiary of Dome Energy, was acquired by MAHA Energy for $4 million. The acquisition continues MAHA’s strategy of growing through acquisitions in order to provide added value for shareholders.
- April 1, 2020: Ozark Gas Transmission, a subsidiary of Enbridge, was acquired by Black Bear Transmission, a portfolio company of Basalt Infrastructure Partners, for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition will expand Black Bear’s asset base of natural gas pipelines serving utilities and other end user customers across the southeastern United States.
- April 2, 2020: Emerson acquired American Governor Company, a hydroelectric technology and services provider, for an undisclosed amount, expanding Emerson’s presence in the renewable energy and power sectors.
- April 20, 2020: Southwest Transport, a subsidiary of Martin Eagle, was acquired by U.S. Venture for an undisclosed amount.
- April 22, 2020: The American Council on Renewable Energy acquired the Wind Solar Alliance for an undisclosed amount. With this acquisition, the organization will build on its efforts to increase renewable energy and advance the nation’s electric grid, uniting and strengthening the renewable sector.
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.