Energy & Sustainability Connections Newsletter – May 2020
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Legal Feature: With Most State Capitols Closed, Some States Press Forward on Clean Energy Legislation. Read here.
- Client Feature: This month, we are pleased to feature enVerid Systems, the innovative company behind HVAC Load Reduction® technology, which improves energy efficiency and air quality in buildings. Read here.
- Special Announcement: MassCEC BRIDGES Program Accepting Applications. Learn more here.
- M&A Activity: Read the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including an update on Phase 4 stimulus negotiations and a challenge to recent EPA actions by Senate democrats.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting virtual events, including a webinar on national climate policy and a webinar series on assessing the impact of COVID-19 on renewable energy in the Northeast United States.
Learn more here.
- COVID-19 Insights Center: Mintz has been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and our attorneys have been posting daily updates to help our clients navigate these unprecedented and challenging times. Visit our COVID-19 Insights Center to read more.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Legal Feature: With Most State Capitols Closed, Some States Press Forward on Clean Energy Legislation
Client Feature: enVerid Systems
Special Announcement: MassCEC BRIDGES Program Accepting Applications
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.