Energy & Sustainability Connections Newsletter – April 2020
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- COVID-19 Insights Center: Mintz has been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and our attorneys have been posting daily updates to help our clients navigate these unprecedented and challenging times. Visit our COVID-19 Insights Center to read more.
- Legal Feature: The Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI): Everything You Need to Know, Part IV: The Challenges to TCI Implementation Read here.
- M&A Activity: Read the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space. Read here.
- Washington Updates: Read the latest energy policy updates coming out of the Capitol, including updates on the CARES Act, the American Energy Innovation Act and recent rollbacks to Auto Emissions Standards.
- Special Announcement On March 26, Greentech Capital Advisors released its 2019 Annual Report. As we outlined in our January Energy & Sustainability newsletter, Greentech recently announced its plan to merge with Nomura, a financial services group based in Asia. Mintz also served as legal counsel to Greentech in its recent rendering of a fairness opinion for the sale of TerraForm Power to Brookfield Renewable. Read more about the latest updates on Greentech here.
- Webinar Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting events.
Learn more here.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can always ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Legal Feature: The Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI): Everything You Need to Know, Part IV: The Challenges to TCI Implementation
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.