Energy & Sustainability M&A Activity – November 2020
Recent M&A Activity:
- October 1, 2020: Smart Building Technologies was acquired by Fidelity Building Services Group for an undisclosed amount. Smart Building Technologies offers solutions for building automation systems by monitoring and correcting areas of an existing system that are losing heat and energy.
- October 5, 2020: Romeo Power has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Riverside Management Group through a reverse merger. Romeo Power manufactures lithium-ion battery modules and packs intended to help drive the change to move people and goods efficiently with zero emissions.
- October 5, 2020: Johnson Utilities reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by EPCOR Utilities for an undisclosed amount. Johnson Utilities, through its water transmission and distribution networks and monitoring and testing patterns, focuses on offering water delivery and wastewater treatment services.
- October 7, 2020: Aztec Solar was acquired by Sigora Solar for an undisclosed amount. Aztec Solar provides solar energy solutions committed to meeting the energy needs of residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental entities.
- October 8, 2020: The Blackstone Group reached a definitive agreement to sell a stake in Vivint Solar to Coatue Management for $250 million. Vivint Solar distributes electricity to residential customers through long-term contracts. It has designed and engineered its own solar energy systems for customer use by using proprietary processes.
- October 9, 2020: Solar Cultivation Technologies was acquired by Pure Harvest Cannabis Group for an undisclosed amount. Solar Cultivation Technologies develops technology for the production of cannabis in solar- and wind-powered greenhouses.
- October 13, 2020: Advent Technologies reached a definitive agreement to be acquired by AMCI Acquisition through a reverse merger. Advent Technologies develops a fuel cell technology intended to provide low-cost, fuel-flexible, and resilient alternative energy technology.
- October 15, 2020: Advanced Microgrid Solutions was acquired by Fluence for an undisclosed amount. Advanced Microgrid Solutions develops an AI-based software platform designed to enable optimized trading of complex energy assets.
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.