Energy & Sustainability Connections Newsletter – November 2020
A Note from the Editors
Energy & Sustainability Connections brings the latest developments in energy investing, legal insights, company activity, and industry events straight to your inbox. This month’s edition includes:
- Legal Feature: Mintz attorneys Benjamin Stone and Sarah Palmer co-authored “What Are My Exit Options as a Public Benefit Corporation?” for the publication VC Experts.
- Client Feature: This month, we are thrilled to feature Yield10 Bioscience, Inc., an agricultural bioscience company developing crop innovations to improve global food security.
Read more here.
- M&A Activity: Read the latest round of M&A activity in the energy and sustainability space.
- Event Highlights: Don’t miss this month’s exciting virtual events, including a four-day conference on grid innovation and a webinar on overcoming storage interconnection barriers.
Learn more here.
- COVID-19 Insights Center: Mintz has been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and our attorneys have been posting regular updates to help our clients navigate these unprecedented and challenging times. Visit our COVID-19 Insights Center to read more.
We would also like to remind our readers that you can ask us anything at http://mintzedge.com/ask-anything/. We built the MintzEdge website as a resource for entrepreneurs and investors, and we hope that all of you take advantage of the site and see how it can help you.
Legal Feature: What Are My Exit Options as a Public Benefit Corporation?
Client Feature: Yield10 Bioscience, Inc.
Thomas R. Burton, III
Member / Chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Tom Burton has helped to shape the clean energy industry by drawing on his passion for innovation. As a Mintz attorney, Tom counsels investors, entrepreneurs, and Fortune 100 companies. He also guides start-up organizations and accelerators to foster the next generation of energy leaders.
Member / Co-chair, Energy & Sustainability Practice
Sahir Surmeli is a Mintz business counselor who advises companies, boards, entrepreneurs, investment banks, and venture and private equity investors as they build and grow companies. He handles public offerings, 144A and private financings, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.